Hadley’s Heroes are campaigning for better disabled toilet and changing facilities in public places and larger private venues throughout the UK, but are focusing on Hampshire, Dorset and the surrounding areas, as they live in the New Forest.
Ideally a ‘Changing Places’ toilets, including ceiling hoist and height adjustable changing beds, will in time be found in all large public places including:
- Travel hubs such as train stations, airports, bus stations and ferry ports
- Sports stadiums and leisure facilities
- Cultural centres, such as museums, concert halls and art galleries
- City and large town centres
- Large supermarkets
- Shopping centres
- Major motorway service stations
- Key buildings within town centres, e.g. town halls, civic centres and main public libraries
- Educational establishments – schools, universities etc
- Health facilities, such as hospitals, health centres and community practices.
Read more information here and if you want to get in touch with Sarah (Hadley’s mum) then please do, she’d love to hear from you.